Adults and Teens with Autism
You told us you want more information on issues affecting teenagers and adults with autism. We have listed the most recent articles below. We also invite you to browse through IAN's larger section devoted to Adults with Autism for articles on life after high school, employment and relationships, among other topics.
The Transition Series
- Coming of Age: Autism and The Transition to Adulthood
- Daily Living Skills: A Key to Independence for People with Autism. Includes research involving SSC families
- Autism and the College Experience includes interviews with SSC members
- Finding a College Program for Students with Autism
- Navigating the Road to Adulthood: One Family's Story
- Autism and the Workplace: How Well Are We Doing?
- The Challenge: Finding Health Care Providers for Adults with Autism
- What Will Happen When the School Bus Stops Coming? Three families share their autism transition stories
- What Do We Really Know About Autism and Crime?
- Leaving the Pediatrician: Charting the Medical Transition of Youth with Autism
- Autism in the Teen Years: What to Expect, How to Help
- A Place of Their Own: Residential Services for Soon-to-Be Adults with Autism